How to Channel Your Higher Self
Your higher self is a fancy way of referring to the dimensions of who you are beyond your typically constricted everyday experience of who you are. While you know yourself as a name, a gender, an age, as coming from a certain family, living within a certain society and culture, etc., those attributes are like pieces in a wardrobe or components of an outfit that you are wearing over your soul, but they are not actually who you are.
There are layers of the higher self, but for the purpose of simplicity, the higher self could be understood as your own wisest and most in-tune spiritual identity; the part of you who knows and who loves. The higher self has also been described as being able to see a wider scope of a situation than what you are capable of being aware of from the exclusively human level. So how can you find and cultivate the channel to your higher self? Here are 5 simple practices that can help:
Listen to Your Pain
– Not to start off on a bad note, but rather to start off with the simplest form of guidance that is always flowing to us from the higher self that we may be ignoring before we attempt to spread our wings out any further into the cosmos. Pain is a messenger from our higher self or our true total self to us that we are not in alignment with who we really are- whether that be anger, anxiety, fear, sadness, etc. Physical pain, too, in our bodies, is sending us a signal that something is out of alignment and the energy is not flowing fully or naturally. Pain is the first and most simple built in mechanism we have to keep us in alignment. Therefore, tune in when you feel pain on any level physically or emotionally and tend to it. It is a useful message from the higher self and is the first indication of an unmet soul need.
Get Lost in the Moment
– In this third dimensional reality, we are experiencing our existence through the filter of our space-time perceptions, yet we know that time is actually an illusion. We, though experiencing the illusion of time, are not trapped inside the bounds of time. Our key to unlock the inherent timelessness of existence is in our joy. It is said that our excitement is the beacon of our higher self- like a lighthouse always shining the signal of our truth to us. When we follow what is exciting to us, we are responding to our bodies’ physical sensation of the vibration of who we truly are, and in that loving, blissful sensation, we become lost and time escapes us. When we are lost in the moment and do not experience that time has transpired, it LITERALLY has not transpired for us. During that time we do not age. Some people will understand this and some will not, and that is ok. Yet in these moments, as often as we allow them, we are one with our higher self, fully integrated with all of ourselves.
Use Your Imagination
– It has been said that the mind can either be a faithful servant or a powerful master, and this is true. The mind is meant to support and manifest our soul’s purpose, though it often is conditioned and programmed in ways that cause it to be our greatest enemy. The simplest way to open the channel in our minds between us and our higher selves is to actively use our imagination. If we do not know how something will look, all we must do is imagine how it could look, how it could feel, what it would be like. The amazing thing is that the mind does not know the difference between that which is real and that which is imagined. It is through our imagination that the higher mind can download and send information to us. If you can picture a tube opening up that links the higher you to the immediate you every time you are imagining, that would be pretty accurate. To receive guidance, insights, inspiration, and downloads, use your imagination.
– Information exchange between our physical minds and our higher minds is happening all the time but, like a body of water, it is difficult to decipher or receive these messages until the waters of the mind and the heart are still and calm. When we are in peace and calm, we are in a state of non-resistance. It is only by being in a state of non-resistance that we are completely open, malleable and able to receive. Once we are open, the information, impressions and connection can really set in and be palpable. However you relax, whether that is though showers or baths, meditation, breathing exercises, dancing, gardening, or anything else, it is imperative to relax in order to connect with the higher self.
– ‘Energy flows where intention goes’ was one of the first things I was ever taught in healing classes because it is by our intention that we literally create the design by which energy will unfold. You have to understand that we live in a quantum universe and LITERALLY whatever you say, whatever you intend, will be. Abracadabra. It’s as simple as that. You must shape the energy you put forth with your intention. If you intend to be united, integrated, the embodiment of your higher self, intend it to be so and in no unclear terms. Be in touch with that frequency, how it feels, envision it and speak it. Then, release it and simply allow it to be so, because it will be.
You Already Are Your ‘Higher Self’- From our perspective of consciousness, we often delineate the many dimensions one from the other, the many layers of our energetic field as separate ideas and things, and the higher self as another whole entity relative to us. In actuality, this is not so. We are already fully and seamlessly connected and aligned with our own whole and elevated state of being, it is simply a matter of relaxing, tuning into our natural feelings and the signals built into us and allowing ourselves to be the total embodiment of the ‘higher-self’, which is to say the true self- who we really are.
Reposted from: Earth. We are one | by Laura Weber